Join The Forever Friends Appeal on this ‘once in a lifetime’ 8 day trekking challenge as we explore three of South-West USA’s most majestic National Parks, all whilst making a real difference to patients at the RUH.
You’ll spend two days exploring in and around one of the world’s most magnificent natural wonders – the Grand Canyon, before moving on to Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park – lesser known than their iconic neighbour, but equally packed with bucket-list worthy and challenging landscapes for trekkers. From start to finish, each day on the challenge provides a different perspective of these amazing geological wonders and we’ll discover some of the most breath-taking scenery our planet has to offer. After each busy day of trekking and adventure, we’ll spend our nights camping under the moon and stars.
What goes down, must come back up! Once you have triumphantly hiked out of the Grand Canyon and successfully navigated the trails of Bryce Canyon and Zion Canyon National Park, we’ll celebrate our achievements in the bright lights of Las Vegas – charity challenges don’t get much better than this!
- Explore not one, not two, but three national parks : Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon and Zion Canyon
- Follow the iconic Bright Angel Trail as you hike down deep into (and back up) the Grand Canyon to Plateau Point to catch a glimpse of the Colorado River below – the steep trail is all worth it for the views!
- Venture along the steep winding path of the South Kaibab Trail, famous for rim-to-rim attempts, past the aptly-named Ooh-Ahh Lookout Point
- Visit the beautiful Lake Powell
- Hike amid Zion’s wonderland of slot canyons, hanging gardens, and waterfalls and explore Bryce Canyon’s otherworldly maze of crimson-coloured spires.
- Celebrate your achievement in Las Vegas, the city that never sleeps
The money you raise by trekking the Canyons will touch the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients and their families cared for by the RUH every year. Every step you take will help our patients through some of life’s toughest challenges and make sure they receive the best possible care. You can choose to support our Cancer Care Campaign, RNHRD & Therapies Centre or another ward or department that is close to your heart.
Come along to our Trek the Canyons Information Evening on Tuesday 23rd January 2018, 6.30pm – 8pm. Book a place here.
During the evening a representative from Global Adventure Challenges will explain the trek in detail and answer any questions you may have to help you decide if this challenge is for you.
Supporting you every step of the way
We understand that taking on a challenge of this scale can be a big commitment, but put your mind to it and you can achieve anything beyond your wildest dreams! That’s why we’re here – to support you from day one to make sure you have an incredible and unforgettable adventure, both on the trek and during your fundraising.
When you join us you’ll also receive:
- A dedicated fundraising pack with training tips and fundraising ideas
- Sponsorship forms and online fundraising guidance
- Your very own Forever Friends trekking team t-shirt
- Expert fundraising support from a member of our team, any time you need it
- An invitation to take part in the Walk of Life (our marathon canal walk in May) for free to help with your training
- Option to take part in UK based training weekends run by Global Adventure Challenges
- Access to private Facebook Group so that you can chat to your fellow trekkers before departure
To find out more about Trek the Canyons including an in-depth itinerary, what’s included and payment option details (you can choose minimum sponsorship or self-funding), please request an Information Pack here or give our Events Team a call on 01225 821535.
Please note: We are working with Global Adventure Challenges Ltd (ATOL 6506) who organise and manage the trek. They are experienced world-wide challenge organisers who have been delivering adventures since 2000!
Don’t just take our word for it
“This has been a most fulfilling experience. Pulling out all the stops you have (plus some you never knew you had) to raise money for a life-saving and life-enhancing service has been exhilarating. It’s a win-win situation. On one side of the winning coin is the personal achievement. I have enjoyed the creative opportunities presented by fundraising and the social side of involving my friends. I have enjoyed the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual challenges of the trek and particularly the sense of achievement at having completed it. I have also enjoyed the camaraderie of being part of a team which pulled together – all ages and levels of ability, we encouraged, cajoled and teased each other through it. The flip side of the winning coin is that the RUH gets that little bit nearer to building its much-needed cancer centre.” Katrina Bride, India Dalai Lama Trek 2015
“The most amazing and difficult thing I’ve ever done! We had laughter and tears and some great friendships were formed on the Great Wall of China. An unforgettable experience. This time four years ago I was having cancer treatment and struggled to get up the stairs in my house and I can’t believe what I’ve just achieved! We arrived in China a group of strangers and came back a team. Everyone had their personal reasons for being there but all wanting to make a difference. Such an inspirational and wonderful group of people. I will always remember the last few days and how lucky I was to experience them.” Karen Burge, Great Wall of China Trek 2014.
Pictures from our 2016 Cambodia Trek
Cambodia Trek 2016