The Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation acts as a Corporate Trustee. The following members of the Board are current were representatives.
Chair of the Charities Committee & RUH Non-Executive Director
Chair of the RUH Bath
Director of Finance, Deputy Chief Executive
Director of Nursing and Midwifery / Director of Infection Prevention and Control
Other Board members
- Tim Craft
- Bernie Marden
- Francesca Thompson
- Claire Buchanan
- Nigel Sullivan
- Jane Scadding
- Joanna Hole
How our Trustees operate the charity
The Trustees’ Representatives maintain independence from the Trust in making decisions which affect the Charity. In order to ensure this:
- The Charities’ Committee meets separately from the Trust Board and deals solely with issues affecting the Charity.
- The Charity has a separate strategy, objectives, and risk register to ensure that the Charity’s integrity is maintained.
- Relationships between the Charity and the Trust are enshrined in a Service Level Agreement which ensures that the service which is provided to the Charity in terms of administrative, financial and staffing support is subject to rigorous scrutiny.
- Trustees will act in the best interests of the Charity to further its charitable objects; and there is a clear, open, and independent process of decision making by the Trustees.
- Trustees will ensure that they avoid a conflict of interest or loyalty. The Charity will maintain an independent register of interests.
- The Charities Committee may co-opt members who are not formal RUH trustees, but whose advice and views will be sought in forming decisions.