Earlier this year, Avios Group teamed up with British Airways to launch the Avios Thank You Appeal. The idea was to raise as many Avios (reward points) as possible for NHS workers, to say thank you for the amazing work they’ve been doing during the COVID-19 emergency.
They asked millions of British Airways Executive Club Members to donate their Avios to NHS workers, and with their help Avios Group raised an incredible 305 million Avios – enough to thank over 5,090 NHS workers!
At the RUH, we have been given 20 prizes of 60,000 Avios to give away to staff. That’s enough buy a flight for that well-deserved getaway, a trip to the theatre with your loved ones, or a weekend away in a relaxing hotel.
Enter now for free, using the form below. Entries close midday on Thursday 29 October.
RUH prize draw terms and conditions:
- Entry is scheduled to close at midday on Thursday 29 October.
- All persons entered must be currently employed by the Royal United Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- Winners will be selected at random from the list of RUH staff entered.
- All entered RUH staff members will have only one opportunity to win. This means that RUH staff members who enter more than once will have only one entry put into the draw.
- Winners will be notified directly by email, shortly after the competition has ended
- If the winner cannot be contacted, the winner forfeits all rights to the prize and an alternative winner will be selected
- The Forever Friends Appeal charity reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the prize draw at any time and for any reason without notice
- The prize is non-transferable
- Prizes are donated by Avios Group
- For details about prize receiving and redemption, see the Avios Thank You Appeal awarding terms and conditions below.
- Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions as final and binding
Avios Thank You Appeal awarding terms and conditions
- The Avios Fund (The Fund) consists of 305 million Avios points donated by Avios Group (AGL) Limited and British Airways Executive Club (BAEC) members during the Avios Thank You Appeal (the Initiative)
- AGL will distribute the Fund to 5,090 NHS workers (Nominees)
- Each Nominee will receive 60,000 Avios
- Nominees will be selected by their local NHS Organisations (e.g. Trusts) by 2 November 2020
- The Fund will be distributed proportionally to NHS Organisations in England and Northern Ireland, based on the number of employees in each NHS Organisation.
- The number of Awards available to each NHS Organisation will be communicated to each NHS Organisation
- Each NHS Organisation assumes full responsibility in selecting their Nominees
- NHS Organisations will advise Nominees either via email or phone if they have been selected between 12 October 2020 and 02 November 2020
- Nominees should be employed in the relevant NHS Organisation at the time of nomination and should have been involved in supporting the emergency during the Covid-19 pandemic
- Nominees will need to be a member of the British Airways Executive Club (BAEC) in order to receive the Avios points
- AGL will contact each nominee on their NHS email. Nominees must provide their BAEC details by filling in an online form, by 25 November 2020, in order to receive their Avios Award within a week from submission
- Avios Awards will be awarded by 3 December 2020
- Nominees that provide details after 25 November will still be able to receive their Avios Award
- Nominees that provide details between 25 November and 31 January 2021 will receive their Avios Awards by 15 February 2021
- Avios Awards will not be awarded to any Nominee submitting their details after 31 January 2021.
- Only 1 Award per Nominee is permitted
- By providing their personal and BAEC details, including membership ID, Surname and email address, each Nominee agrees to share the necessary data in order to receive the Avios points and to allow the Integrated Care Systems (ICSs) verification
- By submitting a nominee list, each NHS Organisation confirms they have the Nominee’s consent to share their personal details with AGL, with the sole purpose of processing the Avios Awards
- Recipients will be asked to give permission to AGL and British Airways to include their name and job title in a resulting press release and media opportunities. The recipient may be asked to give a quote for a press release, have their photo taken to use with press, and may be asked to take part in press interviews, should their NHS contract allow. Nominees have the right to refuse
- AGL reserves the right to adjust the distribution of Avios points to NHS workers, based on the final number of nominees that provided their BAEC details
- Avios are issued and redeemed in accordance with Avios terms and conditions. For full details please visit www.britishairways.com/avios
- The promoters are: Avios Group (AGL) Limited, Astral Towers Betts Way, London Road, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 9XY Company registration 02260073 and British Airways Plc (BA), Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, West Drayton, UB7 0GB. Registered No. 1777777 England