Run the iconic Bath Half Marathon for FREE!
Take part in the Bath Half 2022 for The Forever Friends Appeal and help make a real difference to NHS staff, patients and their families at the Royal United Hospitals Bath.
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted just how amazing our NHS is. Our incredible hospital heroes have been working tirelessly every day to support patients, families, and each other throughout one of the most challenging times in the history.
Every day, RUH staff have put on their PPE and held us together. They have never stopped going the extra mile for us, and now it’s our turn. We are offering free entry today to run for your local hospital.
Your miles will help us continue to support staff beyond the crisis and transform patient care where it’s needed most.
Join our Bath Half team today!
The Bath Half Marathon – or the ‘BATHALF’ as it is affectionately known is a fast flat course, straddling both sides of the river Avon and avoiding all the hills surrounding the City. It is an ‘honest’ two-lap course with proven PB (‘personal best’ time) criteria, entirely traffic-free (full road closures throughout). Even at the front end you’ll have plenty of company to pull you round for a good time.
This is a ‘Big City’ race, starting & finishing at the same point in Great Pulteney Street – with a roadway spanning 46 feet – one of the widest Georgian boulevards in Europe and a course that threads through the heart of this historic city.
Running to accomplish a goal or completing the course in fancy dress? Whoever you are and whatever you do, you can help a cause that is close to the hearts of so many! What are you waiting for?
Bath Half Marathon 2022 – Charity Place Terms & Conditions
These Terms & Conditions apply to anyone registering for a guaranteed charity place with The Forever Friends Appeal, in the Bath Half Marathon 2022. By taking our free place offer, you understand and agree to the following:
- I understand that ‘Race Organisers’ for the Bath Half Marathon are Running High Events Ltd.
- ‘The charity’, refers to The Forever Friends Appeal who are an official race charity. They have purchased silver bond charity places for the race, of which I am registering for.
- In addition to these Terms & Conditions for my charity place, I also agree with the Race Organiser’s Terms & Conditions: https://app.realbuzzregistrations.com/events/running-high-events/bmh-2021-general-entry/bath-half-2021-terms-and-conditions-of-entry
- They will also send you email invitations to enter subsequent years Bath Half Marathon events, subject to the right to unsubscribe at any time.
- By registering for a free charity place, I will raise funds solely for The Forever Friends Appeal – fundraising is not permitted for another charity.
- I commit to raising a minimum of £200 (excluding GiftAid) for the charity.
- By 31 January 2022, I must have set up a JustGiving online fundraising page (or other fundraising platform/means) to help me reach the minimum sponsorship.
- If I have not done this, or have not responded to the charity’s attempts to get in touch with me, the charity reserves the right to cancel my place.
- I will send in my sponsorship within 4 weeks of the event i.e. 10 April 2022.
- I understand that GiftAid is not included towards my minimum sponsorship but does provide a vital boost in funds for charity.
- I will fundraise in accordance with guidance provided by the charity and through legal methods only.
- Money pledged via online fundraising pages is collected and paid to the charity automatically. Please be aware, if you do not pass on all of the money that you raise, you may be committing a criminal offence. A failure to submit any money raised from any previous participation in events benefitting The Forever Friends Appeal, or a failure to notify us if you are unable to attend a previous event, may result in your entry being refused or cancelled.
- The race date is Sunday 13th March 2022.
- I agree to abide by UK Government and Public Health England advice, throughout my challenge. Details can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- I understand that Running High Events Ltd. are the ones who make the final decisions about the logistics of the Bath Half Marathon and will communicate any updates to participants directly.
- I confirm that my general state of health and fitness is adequate and that I am capable of completing the challenge.
- If I have a medical condition or any concerns about my taking part, or my capability to participate in this challenge, I will seek medical advice from my GP prior to taking part.
- I understand that I am participating at my own risk. In no event shall The Forever Friends Appeal be liable for any injuries, loss or damages incurred during training for or participation in the Bath Half 2022.
- Only registered participants are eligible to take part in the event and receive the benefits (fundraising support, charity communications etc.) associated with the charity’s Bath Half team.
- I am responsible for my own conduct and must not undertake any activities during my challenge that may cause danger or risk to myself or the general public.
- I will not participate in any activities during my challenge that may bring the reputation of the charity into disrepute.
Cancellations / Non-participation
- Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- If I am unable to take part in the challenge after registration, I will notify The Forever Friends Appeal as soon as possible.
- I will follow the steps given to cancel my place from the RealBuzz portal.
Use of personal data
- By providing personal data when I register for a charity place, I understand that my data will be used by The Forever Friends Appeal and Running High Events Ltd. for the purposes of organising and administering the challenge.
- I agree that the charity can use the details that I have provided to discuss my fundraising activity.
- If I have provided personal data on behalf of additional entrants, you also confirm that you have obtained their consent for such data to be used for the same purposes.
- I understand my personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending charity communications, where I have opted-in to the Communications Preferences statement upon registering for a charity place. I may let The Forever Friends Appeal know at any time, if I do not wish to receive any such information by contacting the Appeal Office on 01225 825691.
- All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and the charity’s privacy statement, which can be found here: foreverfriendsappeal.co.uk/privacy-policy
- I allow the charity to use any images, video or audio taken of me on race day to promote future events and activities.
- If I post or tag media (photos and videos) on The Forever Friends Appeal’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), I automatically give the charity permission to use and reproduce that content to publicise and share the work of the charity at any point in the future.
The safety of runners, spectators, charities, volunteers and local residents remains the number one priority at the BATHALF. As the situation around coronavirus and government restrictions continue to change, the race organisers are developing a number of different and flexible event plans to suit a range of possible scenarios. Read more about their plans here – https://bathhalf.co.uk/2021-plans-covid-secure/
Public entries for the Bath Half 2021 are now on sale. Simply purchase your place through the official race website and then follow the steps below. You’ll receive the same VIP treatment as the rest of our team, but there’s no minimum sponsorship, just raise as much as you can!
Once you’ve secured your own place with the Marathon, please let us know by filling in our online independent place form.
When we’ve received your form, we’ll send you your very own running vest, sponsorship forms and fundraising pack which is full of top tips and support for your fundraising and training.
If you wanted to start fundraising now, please go ahead! JustGiving is the online sponsorship platform we recommend to all our fundraisers. It’s quick to set up and simple to use.
- Your friends and family can sponsor at the click of a button
- You can keep track of donations
- No need to use a sponsorship form
- Your sponsorship will automatically be sent to us – so you don’t need to chase any donations after you have already run 13.1 miles!
- Connect Strava to your JustGiving account to log all your training miles, as well as the all important ones on race day
- Livestream any fundraising activities to help raise extra donations
As part of our team, you’ll receive a fundraising pack bursting with helpful hints on raising your sponsorship, your very own highly fashionable Team RUH running vest, ongoing support and expert advice from our team of friendly fundraisers!
If COVID restrictions allow, we’ll be there on the day to give you all the support you need – before, during and after! We’re already warming up our vocal chords to make sure you get a heroes reception as you pass our cheering point. Join us at our marquee in the Runner’s Village before you start for a team photo and be sure to see us again after for a post 13.1 mile celebration!
What you’ll get as part of the best team in Bath…
- Team RUH running vest and iron-on name letters
- Fundraising pack with helpful hints on raising sponsorship and training
- Exclusive invitation to our team marquee in the Runners Village on race day
- Unrivalled enthusiasm and encouragement from all our cheerers and supporters
- Help and support is just a phone call away
- Hugs all round from Big Ted himself!
The Bath Half 2021 Race Day Guide containing information about travelling and parking on race day will be posted to all runners in their race pack.
This section will be updated closer to race day. Find out more here: https://bathhalf.co.uk/race-info/race-day/getting-to-the-race/
Read our event news
- 26 Sep 2021