People across Bath and North East Somerset and Wiltshire whose loved ones have died during the coronavirus pandemic are being invited to join an online community service of remembrance. The Community Remembering Together Service will be broadcast on Wednesday 24 March at 7pm via the Bath Abbey YouTube channel and will be available here:
The event is organised jointly by the Royal United Hospitals Bath NHS Foundation Trust, Dorothy House Hospice Care, Bath Abbey, SWALLOW Charity and Bath and North East Somerset Council.
The Community Remembering Together Service will include:
- An address by The Rt Revd Ruth Worsley, Bishop of Taunton
- Personal stories from two bereaved families
- Reading from Wayne De Leeuw, CEO of Dorothy House Hospice Care
- Prayers, readings and poetry offered from different faith traditions and none.
- During this service, people will be invited to light a candle at home
- Music by the RUH musician in residence, and Christchurch and Bath Abbey Choirs
- Closing words from Cara Charles Barks MBE, CEO of the RUH Bath
- Song by SWALLOW – South West Action for Learning and Living Our Way Supporting people with learning disabilities
This time of remembrance will offer a central act of devotion and remembrance for all. It will focus upon the lighting of candles as a sign of hope and renewal as well as a time of celebrating the lives of those who have died and also giving thanks for all who have cared for them.