Make or update your Will during November 2020 and help provide care for local people.
If you’ve put off writing or updating your Will, our annual fundraising initiative, RUH Will Month offers you the opportunity to use the professional Will writing services of local solicitors across the RUH Catchment area at a reduced cost, which will then be donated by the solicitors to our charity for the benefit of patients at the Royal United Hospital.
Why is it important to make a Will?
Making a Will is such an important thing to do, yet many of us don’t want to think about it, or are worried about the cost, even though it can leave behind big problems. While thinking, talking and planning for death may feel uncomfortable, you may need to consider how the situation would be if you died or became incapacitated – through illness, accident, old age or emergency. Whatever your age, if you have assets, e.g. a house, savings, a business, family, causes you care about or specific funeral plans, please consider making a Will.
To help you, our participating solicitors will prepare and draw up a standard Will at a reduced fee in support of the Royal United Hospitals.
How do I take part in RUH Will Month?
Follow these simple steps to get a Single or Joint Will drawn up:
- Choose a Solicitor from the list below – Contact your chosen Solicitor to make your appointment.
- Turn your wishes into a Will – Your chosen solicitor will draft your Will or make any amendments to an existing Will.
- Support the RUH – 100% of your fee is donated by the solicitors to The Forever Friends Appeal. Please make cheques payable to the RUH Charitable Fund and hand it to the solicitor at your first appointment.
“We are delighted to be supporting the RUH Will Month for the 6th year and after the challenges we have all faced in 2020 we feel it’s more important than ever to support local charities as our communities need them more than ever. The Forever Friends is an amazing charity and we are proud to support them and hopefully raise £50,000 to buy the medical equipment needed for the RUH Speech and Language Therapy Team that will undoubtedly make a real difference to those that need it. If 2020 has taught us anything it’s the importance of people coming together to help and support each other.”Kat King Chartered Legal Executive, Mogers Drewett Solicitors
Your support will make a real difference towards the delivery of treatment and care for the RUH’s catchment population of more than half a million people across Bath, Somerset and Wiltshire.
- Supporting patient and staff wellbeing
- Funding specialist medical equipment for all wards and departments
- Helping to build and enhance facilities to create outstanding clinical and welcoming environments
- Investing into pioneering research studies and innovation across the hospital
There is no obligation whatsoever and your arrangements are private. However, if you decide you would like to leave a gift to support the vital services of the RUH you can be assured your personal wishes will be greatly appreciated. Your solicitor will be able to advise you about tax effectiveness of gifts bequeathed to the charity in your Will.
All participating legal firms are adhering to Government advice regarding COVID-19. If you have any concerns please speak to the relevant legal firm regarding the measures they have in place.