60 seconds. 13,000ft. 125mph. Fundraise at new heights.
Boarding passes at the ready! This is your chance to take a once in a lifetime leap for patients on the NHS’ birthday.
Our patients and their families face tough challenges every single day and staff at the RUH are always there to guide, support and care for them, day in and day out. The funds raised from a skydive helps us invest in extra-special equipment and facilities that make a real difference to everyone at the hospital, that goes above and beyond what standard NHS funding can afford. So if you’re thankful for the RUH and want us to help us continue our work with the experience of a lifetime… then a skydive is for you!
On Sunday 5th July we will be getting as many thrill seekers together as possible for a day of skydiving at Netheravon Airfield (home of the Army Parachute Association). No previous experience needed. You’ll be jumping over the beautiful Wiltshire countryside, where if you’re lucky, you’ll catch a glimpse of the White Horses on the way down.
Tandem skydiving and what to expect
Your day will begin at 9am for registration, followed by thorough ground-training from a tandem master to prepare you for your fall to earth. We’ll also be there to see you at the dropzone. When it’s time for your skydive, you’ll be strapped securely to your tandem instructor before you exit the aircraft at 13,000ft and after an exhilarating freefall of over 40 seconds, your instructor deploys the main parachute and together you steer your way back to the drop zone for a gentle, controlled landing.
Register for £50 (non-refundable deposit) & we ask that you raise a minimum of £350 in sponsorship. This covers the cost of the jump and a donation to the charity. 80% of the minimum sponsorship will be due one week before the skydive day. (Terms & Conditions apply).
If you would prefer to pay for the full cost of the jump yourself (this means there is no minimum sponsorship level and you just raise as much as you can), please get in touch with Laura to discuss firstname.lastname@example.org / 01225 821535.
You can raise funds for any ward or department at the RUH that is close to your heart, one of our Special Appeals or one of our major campaigns. In return you’ll receive a Fundraising Pack, your own jump t-shirt, support when you need it and big cheers on the day.
These terms and conditions apply to all people participating in the Skydive Day 2020, which is operated by The Army Parachute Association on behalf of The Forever Friends Appeal.
- The £50.00 registration fee is non-refundable.
- By registering online, participants agree to abide by all terms and conditions of the Skydive Day.
- Minimum age is 16. Participants under the age of 18 are required to complete a ‘Parental Consent Form’ (this is provided after registration).
- Maximum weight is 16 stone (102kgs).
- Participants must be confident that they are physically and mentally capable of taking part in a tandem skydive. If they are at all unsure about this, they should seek medical advice from their GP before the event.
- All participants must complete the forms (detailed below), sent with the fundraising pack and bring them on the day of the skydive:
- Army Parachute Association Tandem Skydive Waiver
- Student Tandem Parachutist Medical Information and Declaration – this is a self-certified declaration of fitness. If you have any of the pre-existing medical conditions listed you MUST provide a completed BPA Medical Certificate (provided upon request) signed and stamped by your doctor.
- Participants must immediately inform The Forever Friends Appeal if anything puts participation on the day in doubt. Participants who can no longer make the Skydive Day, can re-book to jump on another date (however the charity will not be present).
- We reserve the right to refuse participation to any individual who does not adhere to these T&C’s, with or without providing a reason.
- Completed registration and payment of £50 confirms that the participant is committed to raising a further £350 (minimum) in sponsorship.
- Any fundraising in connection with Skydive Day must be for The Forever Friends Appeal.
- Participants can choose to fundraise for any ward or department of their choosing at the Royal United Hospitals, a Special Appeal or a Major Campaign. This can be specified upon registration.
- Participants are aware that from the £50 registration fee and the £350 minimum sponsorship required, £200 of this covers the skydive cost. Leaving a £200 donation to the charity.
- Participant costs are payable by The Forever Friends Appeal to the Army Parachute Association one week ahead of the Skydive Day and so the sponsorship deadline is strict.
- Any sponsorship received over the £350 minimum, is treated solely a donation.
- 80% of the minimum sponsorship is due with The Forever Friends Appeal (either on a Just Giving page or cash/cheque sent in) 2 weeks prior to the Skydive Day. i.e. £280 is due on 21st June 2020. The remaining 20% must be received four weeks after the event on 2ndAugust 2020. Failure to do so may mean non-participation in the challenge.
Skydive Day logistics:
- The date of the Skydive Day is Sunday 5th July 2020.
- Skydiving is a weather dependent activity and for your safety, you will only be allowed to jump when weather conditions are suitable.
- The Army Parachute Association and The Forever Friends Appeal reserve the right to make necessary changes or cancel this event due to adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances, at any time.
- In the event of the Skydive Day being cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, The Forever Friends Appeal will endeavour to reschedule the Skydive Day to another date and will inform all participants as soon as possible.
- If the participant can’t make the date of the rescheduled Skydive Day, they can choose to take part at any other available date, however the charity will not be present.
- There is no extra charge for rescheduling.
- The Skydive Day should be treated as an all-day experience and participants will be asked to arrive for registration at 9am, before training commences.
- Your flight time will be given to you on the day. This could be any time between 10am and 4pm. Unfortunately it cannot be given in advance.
- No alcohol is to be consumed before the jump.
- We will be photographing and filming throughout the day and we may use footage or photographs of you, your family or your team in our publications, promotion and advertising.
- In no event shall The Forever Friends Appeal be liable for any injuries, loss or damages whatsoever, including indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential losses connected with any aspect of this event.
Use of personal data
- By providing personal data when you register for the Skydive Day, you confirm that you consent to such data being used by The Forever Friends Appeal for the purposes of organising and administering the event. You agree that The Forever Friends Appeal can use the details that you have provided to discuss your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress.
- If you provide personal data on behalf of additional entrants, you also confirm that you have obtained their consent for such data to be used for the same purposes.
- All participants full name and weight will be securely sent to The Army Parachute Association in advance, for the purposes of booking in you for the skydive. No other data will be shared with The Army Parachute Association, or any other organisation.
- Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you, where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work when registering for the Skydive Day.
- All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and The Forever Friends Appeal’s privacy statement, which can be found here: foreverfriendsappeal.co.uk/privacy-policy
How much is the entry fee?
It costs £50.00 per person – which is non-refundable, with a £350 minimum sponsorship level.
Can you help me with any advice on raising as much money as possible?
When you complete registration, we will send you a fundraising pack full of lots of fundraising hints and advice. We are happy to help and answer any questions you may have, so just give the Events Team a call/email! Details will be within the pack.
What will my fundraising go towards?
What is the Minimum age?
The minimum age is 16. Participants under the age of 18 are required to complete a ‘Parental Consent Form’ (this is provided after registration).
Are there any weight restrictions?
Yes. As you will be doing a tandem jump the maximum weight is 16 stone (102kgs)
If you wanted to start fundraising now, please go ahead! JustGiving is the online sponsorship platform we recommend to all our fundraisers. It’s quick to set up and simple to use.
- Your friends and family can sponsor at the click of a button
- You can keep track of donations
- No need to use a sponsorship form
- Your sponsorship will automatically be sent to us – you don’t need to do anything
Army Parachute Association, Airfield Camp, Netheravon, Wiltshire SP4 9SF
Read our event news
- 03 May 2020
- 09 May 2020