Take part in the Bath Half 2020 for The Forever Friends Appeal and help make a real difference to patients and their families at the Royal United Hospitals Bath.
The Bath Half Marathon – or the ‘BATHALF’ as it is affectionately known is a fast flat course, straddling both sides of the river Avon and avoiding all the hills surrounding the City. It is an ‘honest’ two-lap course with proven PB (‘personal best’ time) criteria, entirely traffic-free (full road closures throughout). Even at the front end you’ll have plenty of company to pull you round for a good time.
This is a ‘Big City’ race, starting & finishing at the same point in Great Pulteney Street – with a roadway spanning 46 feet – one of the widest Georgian boulevards in Europe and a course that threads through the heart of this historic city.
Running to accomplish a goal or completing the course in fancy dress? Whoever you are and whatever you do, you can help a cause that is close to the hearts of so many! What are you waiting for?
Run for us! We’d love you to be part of our team for the Bath Half Marathon!
Have your own #ReasontoRun? Register for the Bath Half 2020 today and make the most of our Early Bird offer! Registration costs just £20 until 30th September 2019.
We kindly ask that our runners help to cover the charity’s race costs by paying a registration fee and raising a minimum of £175 in sponsorship.
Select one of the below for more information
To sign up with one of The Forever Friends Appeal’s charity places simply click below to register online. We kindly ask that our runners help to cover the charity’s race costs by paying a £35 registration fee (Early Bird fee of £20 until 30th September 2019) and raising a minimum of £175 in sponsorship.)
If you already have a place please follow the instructions to support us with your own place.
Public entries for the Bath Half 2020 are now on sale. Simply purchase your place through the official race website and then follow the steps below. There’s no minimum sponsorship, just raise as much as you can!
Once you’ve secured your own place with the Marathon, please let us know by filling in our online independent place form.
When we’ve received your form we’ll send you a fabulous running vest, sponsor forms and our fundraising guide full of top tips to maximise your fundraising.
The Bath Half Corporate Challenge is a unique team building and fundraising opportunity for businesses and guests competing at one of the most popular city centre road races in the UK, and one of the largest charity fundraisers in the South West, helping build teamwork across departments, competition between businesses, and fitness within the workplace, whilst raising serious money for charity.
To support the Forever Friends Appeal through a Bath Half Corporate Challenge click on the below link to register your company team.
We want to support you every step of the way, so if you choose to take part in the Bath Half Corporate Challenge on behalf of The Forever Friends Appeal, here are just a few of the many benefits you will receive:
- Free Ted’s Team running vests for all team members.
- Invitation to our Behind-the-Scenes tour event – the chance to tour the existing Oncology Unit to learn more about the RUH Cancer Care Campaign, the clinicians visions and talk to the fundraising team.
- A tailored Corporate Fundraising Pack with helpful hints and tips on raising sponsorship and training
- Acknowledgement of your team’s support on The Forever Friends Appeal website and social media pages
- The opportunity for press and media coverage in your local area
- A dedicated corporate fundraising professional assigned to work closely with your company
- Involvement with supporting a cause that is close to the hearts of so many people across the hospital’s catchment area
- The opportunity to be a member of The Forever Friends Appeal Corporate Partnership scheme, if your team raises a minimum of £10,000
How to sign up?
- Follow the link above to the Bath Half Marathon website to enter your corporate team
- Then contact the office on 01225 825691 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you have signed up!
***Please note the Corporate Challenge is run by the Marathon and therefore you will need to enter through the official Corporate challenge process, not using individual places.***
Race day support
We’ll be there on the day to give you all the support you need – before, during and after! We’re already warming up our vocal chords to make sure you get a heroes reception as you pass our cheering points. When you’ve finished make sure you join us at or post race marquee which will be located in the Recreation Ground.
What you’ll get as part of the best team in Bath…
- Exclusive invitation to our team marquee in the Runners Village on race day
- Highly fashionable Ted’s Team running vest
- Fundraising pack with helpful hints on raising sponsorship and training
- Unrivalled enthusiasm and encouragement from all our cheerers and supporters
- Help and support is just a phone call away
- Hugs all round from Big Ted himself!
Not a runner?
We know that running isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. If you want to help, then why don’t you think about volunteering on the day! We always need extra pairs of hands to help cheer our brilliant runners around the course or help serve teas and coffees and hand out goody bags in our marquee. Pick up the phone and give our events team a call on 01225 821535 for more information.
Bath Half 2019
A huge thank you to all 100+ of our amazing runners – who completed their 13.1 mile challenge in the Bath Half 2019 to fundraise for wards and departments all across the Royal United Hospitals Bath: from the new Cancer Centre, to Therapies, Facial Surgery and Orthodontics to NICU.
A special thank you also to Daily Practice for providing sports massages for our team post-race, and to John Moore Sports for donating a £50 voucher into our prize draw – as well as to former professional rugby player, Ed Jackson and Paralympic Swimmer, Stephanie Millward, for joining us on the day to meet our runners.
See pictures from the Bath Half 2019 below or on our Facebook page here