Join us as we travel to India in September 2020 and trek through the home of the Dalai Lama, all whilst making an incredible difference to the RUH and its patients.
Book onto our Information Evening on Tuesday 21st January 2020 by clicking here
Beginning in Dharamsala (the heart of the Tibetan community), we’ll trek through the beautiful Indian Himalayas, rhododendron forests and high up in alpine meadows surrounded by snow-capped peaks. You’ll pass through traditional Hindu settlements, temples and Buddhist Monasteries before celebrating your achievement with a visit to the iconic Taj Mahal.
NEW for 2020: our trekkers will also spend a day volunteering at a school along the route – an incredible opportunity to spend time with and give back to the community that shares their home with those who wish to explore it.
- Trek through breath-taking mountain ranges and take in the spectacular scenery of the Indian Himalayas
- Explore the spiritual home and heritage of the Dalai Lama
- Visit the Taj Mahal – a new Wonder of the World
- Experience traditional Indian culture and cuisine
- Meet fellow supporters of the Forever Friends Appeal and share the experience of a lifetime together.
The money you raise by taking part in our India Dalai Lama Trek will touch the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients and their families cared for by the RUH every year. Every step you take will help our patients through some of life’s toughest challenges and make sure they receive care in the best possible environment, at a time they need it most.
Bath Brew House 14 James St W, Bath BA1 2BX – 6:30-8pm. Book a place here.
Supporting you every step of the way
We understand that taking on a challenge of this scale can be a big commitment, but put your mind to it and you can achieve anything beyond your wildest dreams! That’s why we’re here – to support you from day one to make sure you have an incredible and unforgettable adventure, both on the trek and during your fundraising.
When you join us you’ll also receive:
- A dedicated fundraising pack with training tips and fundraising ideas
- Your very own Forever Friends Appeal trekking team t-shirt
- Expert fundraising support from a member of our team, any time you need it
- Fundraising materials including balloons, banners and collection tins
- An invitation to take part in the Walk of Life (our marathon canal walk on 16th May 2020) for free to help with your training
- Option to take part in UK based training weekends run by Global Adventure Challenges
- Access to private Facebook Group so that you can chat to your fellow trekkers before departure
- Opportunity to meet your trekking team at a meet-up about one month before your adventure begins
Sign up today
Option A – Minimum Sponsorship
Registration Fee £349 + Min Sponsorship £3200 + Airport Tax and Fuel Surcharge Contribution: £250
Option B – Self-funding
Registration Fee £349 + Self Funding £1606 + Airport Tax and Fuel Surcharge Contribution: £250
To find out more about our Dalai Lama Trek, including an in-depth itinerary, what’s included and payment option details, please request an Information Pack here or give our Events Team a call on 01225 825823.
Please note: This challenge is in collaboration with Global Adventure Challenges Ltd (ATOL 6506) who organise and manage the logistics of the trek. They are experienced world-wide challenge organisers who have been delivering adventures since 2000 and are the experts with regards to the trek itself!
Don’t just take our word for it…
“The most amazing and difficult thing I’ve ever done! We had laughter and tears and some great friendships were formed on the Great Wall of China. An unforgettable experience. This time four years ago I was having cancer treatment and struggled to get up the stairs in my house and I can’t believe what I’ve just achieved! We arrived in China a group of strangers and came back a team. Everyone had their personal reasons for being there but all wanting to make a difference. Such an inspirational and wonderful group of people. I will always remember the last few days and how lucky I was to experience them.”
Karen Burge, China Trekker 2014
“This has been a most fulfilling experience. Pulling out all the stops you have (plus some you never knew you had!) to raise money for a life-saving and life-enhancing service has been exhilarating. It’s a win-win situation. On one side is the personal achievement. I have enjoyed the creative opportunities presented by fundraising and the social side of involving my friends. I have enjoyed the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual challenges of the trek and particularly the sense of achievement at having completed it. I have also enjoyed the camaraderie of being part of a team which pulled together – all ages and levels of ability; we encouraged, cajoled and teased each other through it. The flip side of the winning coin is that the RUH gets that little bit nearer to building its much-needed Cancer Centre.”
Katrina Bride, India Trekker 2015