Take part in Ted’s Big Bake Off! 2016 event…. Pop on your aprons, prepare your mixing bowls and whip up an icing-sugar storm this October to bake a difference for patients and their families at the Royal United Hospital!
Between Monday 17th and Friday 21st October 2016, we’re asking people all across Bath, Somerset and Wiltshire to get baking for the RUH. Whether it’s holding a bake sale, hosting a bake off competition or organising other baking themed activities at work, school or with friends and family, you can help raise some dough that will help make a real difference to the lives of hundreds of thousands of people cared for by the Hospital every year – the real icing on the cake!
Baking is a fun and delicious way to raise money and whip up delicious treats that everyone can enjoy…from Victoria Sponge’s, tray bakes, fairy cakes, breads, pastries and pies there’s something for everyone! To make it even easier we’ve created a FREE charity baking pack filled with tips, tools and tasty ideas and all you have to do is register to get your oven-mitts on a copy.
You can choose your own recipe for success and bake to fundraise for a ward or department close to your heart, or the RUH Cancer Care Campaign – raising a minimum £8.5 million towards a pioneering new Cancer Centre. Plus if our baking week doesn’t work for you, you’re more than welcome to hold your event on a date that does. Just let us know!
If you have any questions, please give the Events Team a call on 01225 825823.
Ted’s Big Bake Off 2016 schools Competitions
Local firm and proud sponsor of Ted’s Big Bake Off 2016, BuroHappold Engineering, have launched two competitions to schools to help encourage further support for this popular annual fundraising week for Bath’s Royal United Hospital. The competitions include a ‘Cake Colouring Competition’, and an ‘Engineering Future Competition’ with the chance to win a 1 hour interactive schools workshop, run by engineers from BuroHappold.+ Decorate a Cake for Big Ted
It is really simple to enter the colouring competition:
1) First, make sure your school/nursery is registered by clicking here
2) Click here to download the cake stencil, print off as many as you need and get colouring!
3) Post all your finished cake entries back to BuroHappold – address below!
Terms and conditions:
• One entry per child – duplicate entries will be removed.
• All entries must be submitted using the template provided. The template must be photocopied by the school to provide children with their individual templates. Any materials and colours can be used and the more colourful the better.
• All entries must have the full name and age of the pupil and details of the school or nursery attended. This is important as Ted will be delivering your prize to your school.
• The pupils school or nursery MUST be registered for Ted’s Big Bake Off – this can be done here.
• The closing date for submission of entries is Friday 7th October 2016.
• The competition is for all children age 7 and under.
• The judge’s decision of the ‘Best Decorated Cake’ will be final.
• The prize is:
For the winning child – £50 Waterstones gift card
For the school of the winning child – £100 Waterstones vouchers
• The winner will be announced by Friday 21 October 2016.
• Unfortunately, we will be unable to return any of the entries.
• The winning school must be happy to be included in a public announcement of the competition winners on Friday 21 October.
• Once your children have designed their cakes, please send them to:
Kate Miller, BuroHappold, Camden Mill, Lower Bristol Road, Bath BA2 3DQ
• Any questions, please contact BuroHappold on firstname.lastname@example.org
BuroHappold Engineering are offering 2 lucky schools the chance to win an exclusive 1 hour interactive schools workshop, run by BuroHappold Engineers. During the workshop, students will learn all about what it means to be an engineer. BuroHappold engineers will lead one of two exciting activities in which the pupils will have an opportunity to be an engineer; these include “Tower Building” and “Hold back the flood” (please see below for full details).
To be in with the chance of winning one of these highly sought after BuroHappold School workshops, please see below for full terms and conditions. The competition is open only to Junior and Senior Schools.
Terms and conditions:
To be in with the chance of winning one of 2 BuroHappold Schools Workshops:
1) First, make sure your Junior or Senior school is registered by clicking here
2) Next, hold your bake sale or bake off at school during Monday 17th – Friday 21st October
3) Send any fun photos of your baking activities to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 21st October
4) Send your fundraising money back to The Forever Friends Appeal by Friday 18th November
The criteria for the 2 winning schools:
1) The school who is judged by Big Ted as having had the most fun at their bake sale! Please email photos of your bake sales before 5pm on Friday 21st October to firstname.lastname@example.org The winner will be announced and contacted by The Forever Friends Events team on Monday 24th October 2016
2) The school who raises the most money at their bake sale!Please send in your fundraising money before Friday 18th November – the winner to be announced and contacted by The Forever Friends Events team on Monday 21st November
Details of the activities held during the 1 hour school workshops to a class of a maximum of 20 children:
Students will first learn all about what it means to be an engineer. BuroHappold engineers will then lead one of two exciting activities in which the pupils will have an opportunity to be an engineer:
1. Tower building
Pupils will design and build the tallest tower they can, given a specified amount of building materials. Prizes will be awarded for the tallest tower, providing it can stay standing following an earthquake!
2. Hold back the flood
Pupils will design a new house to be flood proof and keep a family safe from flooding. Prizes will be awarded for the best house design, providing that the house remains dry when the flood comes!
Visit www.burohappold.com/happold-foundation/engineering-futures for more information.
Cupcake Decorating Party Prize Draw in association with Bath Cake Company
Calling all businesses across Bath, Somerset & Wiltshire! Register your business to take part in Ted’s Bake Off 2016 and you’ll be automatically entered into our special prize draw to win a Cupcake Decorating Party for up to 10 colleagues at the popular Bath Cake Company! Great team building opportunity and you even get to take some cakes back to the office….+ Business Cake Decorating Workshop Details
Here are all the details:
Cupcake Decorating Party
Date: Tuesday 6th December
Time: 1pm – 2.30pm (1.5 hours)
Number of places available: 10
Venue: Bath Cake Company Decorating School, Lansdown Road, BA1 5DX
Each person will learn to decorate a box of four cupcakes which are there’s to keep and enjoy after the class.
In our Classic Cupcakes Class you learn a range of techniques including piping buttercream swirls, working with glace icing and sugarpaste to make pretty decorations.
Simply register your business to take part in Ted’s Big Bake Off 2016 to be in with the chance to win!
Visit www.bathcakecompany.co.uk to find out more
Ted’s Big BakeTed’s Big Bake Off 2016 is Proudly Sponsored by BuroHappold Engineering
BuroHappold Engineering is an international, integrated engineering consultancy operating in 23 locations worldwide, with over 50 partners and 1,500 staff including some of the world’s leading consulting engineers. For 40 years they’ve been building their reputation for delivering creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Established in 1976, Bath was BuroHappold’s first office and today has grown tobe one of their largest offices. Off Photos
Ted’s Big Bake Off 2016 is kindly supported by Bath Cake Company
Award winning cake designer, Celia Adams and her small creative team provide bespoke celebration cakes for all occasions from birthdays and weddings, christenings and anniversaries to corporate events. Complementary wedding cake consultations and tastings can be made by appointment to discuss designs and have a taste of their cakes, and their lovely consultation room is designed to inspire you with a selection of wedding cakes on display. Bath Cake Company’s Decorating School offers a wonderful range of cake decorating and chocolate classes for all levels of ability, from piping buttercream swirls on cupcakes, making intricate sugar flowers, creating delicious chocolate truffles or covering cakes with a beautifully smooth finish. Visit www.bathcakecompany.co.uk for more information.