Thanks to your generosity over the last year, we have been able to fund many projects above and beyond what the NHS can fund. Your donations have already made a huge difference to provide practical and emotional support for our staff and patients including:
- £140,000+ of items and hot meals which were donated and purchased and distributed through care packages and Christmas hampers to wards and departments across the hospital
- £27,500 Install 63 hydration stations and provide 5,000 reusable water bottles to help staff stay refreshed
- £12,000 to increase the number of outdoor benches so more staff can take a break to relax, re-energise and improve their wellbeing
- £4,000 resources for bereavement boxes for wards to support end of life patients and their families
- £3,600 Radio, Bluetooth speakers, listening devices and specialist books to help patients who are living with dementia
- 60 IPads and communication devices to help patients keep in touch with their families worth £30,000.
- £5000 Sleeper chairs and inflatable mattresses for critical care staff and junior doctors so they can take breaks and stay close to their patients
- £22,000 Practical and psychological support for our front line colleagues
- £5,000 Remote Nightingale frontline leadership support service for nurses and midwives.
We are very grateful to have also received funds from NHS Charities Together to help us support our staff and patients through some of the projects outlined above.
“I just wanted to say a huge thank you for looking after us all over the last few months with our lovely care packages. We really have appreciated them so thank you for bringing us all some smiles!”
Rosie, Senior Sister, Helena Ward