Terms & Conditions for all Newfoundland Dog Dive (8th June 2019) participants
These terms and conditions apply to all people participating in the Newfoundland Dog Dive 2019. The activity is run by Newfound Friends UK, on behalf of The Forever Friends Appeal.
General & Entry specific:
- The £30.00 registration fee is non-refundable.
- Places are limited and may sell out in advance; otherwise entry will close on Thursday 6th June 2019 at 12midday.
- By registering online, participants agree to abide by all terms and conditions of the Newfoundland Dog Dive.
- Upon completion of registration, a fundraising pack and sponsorship forms will be sent as soon as possible, unless otherwise advised.
- Non-swimmers are welcome, however you MUST feel confident in the water. Please be aware this is an open water event, taking place in Portishead Quays Marina.
- All participants must wear the life jacked provided.
- Participants must be confident that they are physically and mentally capable of taking part in the dog dive. If they are at all unsure about this, they should seek medical advice from their GP before the event.
- Any pre-existing medical conditions that may affect the participant (eg epilepsy, asthma), must be reported to the organisers prior to the day of the event. This can be done at point of registration.
- Each participant is responsible for his/her own conduct and must not undertake any action that may cause danger or risk of any type to him / herself or any of the Newfound Friends UK team, including the dogs.
- Participants must immediately inform The Forever Friends Appeal if anything puts participation on the day in doubt.
- Participants must be aged 8 and over. Those under the age of 8 may be able to take part in special circumstances – please discuss with the Event Organiser, Laura Pearce at email@example.com / 01225 821535.
- Participants under the age of 18 must have permission from a parent/guardian. The parent/guardian must complete a ‘Parental Consent Form’ – provided after registration.
- Any participant under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult on the day (if only accompanying, the responsible adult is not required to complete a separate registration).
- It costs £30 to register.
- The suggested minimum sponsorship is £100. Participants must endeavour to raise this to the best of their ability.
- Any fundraising in connection with this Newfoundland Dog Dive must be for The Forever Friends Appeal. Entry is not permitted to support another charity.
- Participants can choose to fundraise for any ward or department of their choosing at the Royal United Hospitals Bath, a Special Appeal or a Major Campaign. This can be specified upon registration. Selecting ‘General’ upon registration means that your sponsorship will go towards the area of greatest need.
- Any money raised from the event must be paid to The Forever Friends Appeal as soon as possible and will be used for charitable purposes. Money pledged via online fundraising pages is collected and paid to the charity automatically. If you do not pass on all of the money that you raise, you may be committing a criminal offence. A failure to submit any money raised from an event benefitting The Forever Friends Appeal, may result in any future entry (for any event) being refused or cancelled.
Newfoundland Dog Dive logistics:
- The date of The Forever Friends Appeal’s Newfoundland Dog Dive is Saturday 8th June 2019.
- The Forever Friends Appeal and Newfound Friends UK reserve the right to make necessary changes or cancel this event due to adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances, at any time. Participants will be notified as soon as possible. Please note, the event will still go ahead come rain or shine. In this instance, adverse weather conditions are defined as extreme weather occurrences (gale force winds, snow etc).
- In the event of the Newfoundland Dog Dive being cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, The Forever Friends Appeal and Newfound Friends UK will endeavour to reschedule to another date, if possible.
- Your experience will last approximately 1 hour. This will include a safety briefing, time to get into (and out of) your wetsuit, photographs with your rescuer and the ‘dog dive’ experience itself.
- You will be given your time slot (this could be between 10am and 4pm) a few weeks before Saturday 8th
- You will undertake a health and safety briefing prior to entering the water, with a qualified lifeguard from Newfound Friends UK.
- A life-jacket and wetsuit (you can wear your own) will be provided and must be worn.
- The consumption of alcohol or illicit drugs is not permitted.
- We will be photographing and filming throughout the day and we may use footage or photographs of you, your family or your team in our publications, promotion and advertising to publicise the work of the charity.
- If you, the participants posts media (e.g. photos and videos) on The Forever Friends Appeal’s social media platforms, you automatically give The Forever Friends Appeal permission to use and reproduce that content to publicise the work of the charity at any point in the future.
- All participants enter the Newfoundland Dog Dive at their own risk. In no event shall The Forever Friends Appeal be liable for any injuries, loss or damages whatsoever, including indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential losses connected with any aspect of the event.
- We reserve the right to refuse participation to any individual who does not adhere to any of the Terms & Conditions listed, with or without providing a reason.
Use of personal data
- By providing personal data when you register for the Newfoundland Dog Dive, you confirm that you consent to such data being used by The Forever Friends Appeal for the purposes of organising and administering the event. You agree that The Forever Friends Appeal can use the details that you have provided to discuss your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress, in relation to this event.
- If you provide personal data on behalf of additional entrants, you also confirm that you have obtained their consent for such data to be used for the same purposes.
- Your full name will be shared with Newfound Friends on the day, for the purposes of administering the event. No other data will be shared with Newfound Friends UK, or any other organisation.
- Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending other charity communications to you, where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work when registering for the Newfoundland Dog Dive.
- All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and The Forever Friends Appeal’s privacy statement, which can be found here: foreverfriendsappeal.co.uk/privacy-policy