01225 825691


Minerva’s Owls help raise funds for the RUH

A new public art sculpture trail is coming to Bath this summer, and the RUH’s new Cancer Centre is benefit from the proceeds.

Minerva’s Owls of Bath will see a giant flock of brightly-decorated Owls and smaller Owlets swoop into the city and surrounding towns from 25 June – 10 September 2018.

Staff from the Oncology and Therapy departments as well as our friendly mascot, Big Ted were delighted to meet the Owl and Owlet which swooped to the hospital yesterday for a quick photo before heading off to their artists for decoration.

Each Owl will be sponsored by a local business, school or community group, and individually painted by talented artists and designers.  The Owls will even have interactive beacons that send information about each owl to people’s phones as they approach.

At the end of the event, a special ‘Owls Hoot Farewell’ weekend will be held on 6-7 October in front of the Royal Crescent, before the final charity auction at The Assembly Rooms on 17 October.

70% of the profits from the event will go to the Cancer Care Campaign with the remaining 30% shared between Bath Young Carers, The Roman Baths Archway Project and the UK Little Owl Project.

There’s still time for businesses to sign up as Owl sponsors, and benefit from association with this high-profile initiative.  To find out more, click here  or call Owl HQ on 01225 340697.

Post a comment