Sign up to run the Bath Half Marathon and help make a difference at the RUH. The Forever Friends Appeal is the ‘Featured Appeal’ for the 2016 event, sign up today to secure a place.
The Vitality Bath Half is fast and flat making it suitable for all abilities – for beginners whose key objective is to complete the course, to more regular long-distance event runners, looking to beat their personal best time. It covers a two lap 13.1 mile (21.1km) traffic-free course straddling both sides of the River Avon. The race starts and finishes in Great Pultney Street, in the heart of the World Heritage City of Bath.
Running to accomplish a goal or completing the course in fancy dress? Whoever you are and whatever you do, you can help a cause that is close to the hearts of so many! What are you waiting for?
Our team sponsors
Big Ted would like to say a tremendous thank you to our 2016 Ted’s Team sponsors, local mail company, Velopost (formerly Docmail Local Post).
Run for us!
Select one of the below for more information
[accordiongroup][accordion title=” + Get one of our charity places”]
Our charity places in the Bath Half Marathon are £35 to purchase. You will also need to agree to raising a further £175 sponsorship for the charity.
When we’ve received your registration we’ll send you a fabulous running vest, sponsor forms and our fundraising guide full of top tips to maximise your fundraising. Don’t forget to set up a JustGiving fundraising page to maximise the sponsorship you can raise – It’s quick and easy.
[/accordion][accordion title=” + Support us with your own place”]
If you would like to support us with your own place in the Bath half Marathon 2016, simply follow the steps below.
[alertinfo]General Public places are on sale now. To get your place visit the official Marathon Website here[/alertinfo]
Once you’ve secured your own place with the Marathon, please let us know by filling in our online independent place form.
When we’ve received your form we’ll send you a fabulous running vest, sponsor forms and our fundraising guide full of top tips to maximise your fundraising.
[/accordion][accordion title=” + Enter a team in the BHM corporate challenge”]
The Bath Half Corporate Challenge is a unique team building and fundraising opportunity for businesses and guests competing at one of the most popular city centre road races in the UK, and one of the largest charity fundraisers in the South West, helping build teamwork across departments, competition between businesses, and fitness within the workplace, whilst raising serious money for charity.
To support the Forever Friends Appeal through a Bath Half Corporate Challenge click on the below link to register your company team.
We want to support you every step of the way, so if you choose to take part in the Bath Half Corporate Challenge on behalf of The Forever Friends Appeal, here are just a few of the many benefits you will receive:
- Free Ted’s Team running vests for all team members
- The opportunity to compete in Ted’s Corporate Challenge Team Awards:
- The team with the most number of runners
- The team with the fastest average time
- The team who run in the most memorable outfits
- The team who raises the most money
- Invitation to our Behind-the-Scenes tour event – the chance to tour the existing Oncology Unit to learn more about the RUH Cancer Care Campaign, the clinicians visions and talk to the fundraising team.
- A tailored Corporate Fundraising Pack with helpful hints and tips on raising sponsorship and training
- Acknowledgement of your team’s support on The Forever Friends Appeal website and social media pages
- The opportunity for press and media coverage in your local area
- A dedicated corporate fundraising professional assigned to work closely with your company
- Involvement with supporting a cause that is close to the hearts of so many people across the hospital’s catchment area
- The opportunity to be a member of The Forever Friends Appeal Corporate Partnership scheme, if your team raises a minimum of £10,000
How to sign up?
- Follow the link above to the Bath Half Marathon website to enter your corporate team
- Then contact Louisa Smyllie, Forever Friends Appeal Corporate Officer on email@example.com / 01225 825392 and let her know you have signed up!
***Please note the Corporate Challenge is run by the Marathon and therefore you will need to enter through the official Corporate challenge process, not using individual places.***
What you’ll get as part of the best team in Bath…
- Exclusive invitation to our team marquee in the Runners Village on race day
- Highly fashionable Ted’s Team running vest
- Fundraising pack with helpful hints on raising sponsorship and training
- Unrivalled enthusiasm and encouragement from all our cheerers and supporters
- Help and support is just a phone call away
- Hugs all round from Big Ted himself!