Along with other current building developments on the RUH site, we are determined to provide a holistic solution to the care and wellbeing of our patients.
In the RNHRD & Therapies Centre we are achieving this through the combination of Clinical Excellence / Therapeutic & Optimal Space / Integrated Research & Trials — all aimed at reducing stress and creating a uniquely beneficial healing environment for patients and their families.
Research confirms what every patient knows – that our environment has an effect on the way that we feel. Walking into a building that emits a sense of care and wellbeing and that embraces good practice, can immediately reduce anxiety and promote a sense of optimism. This is an integral part of the new design.
Included will be:
- Use of natural light – to give bright, spacious interiors not dependent on harsh artificial lighting.
- Reduction of noise – (including ventilation and plumbing) and use of sound absorbent surfaces.
- Art, nature and greenery – appropriately located for a positive impact on patient recovery.
- Garden areas – creating an ‘oasis’ and offering a calming view / place to sit, reducing stress and providing a sense of normality.
- Improved staff links with research centres
- Integrating research with delivery of high quality care.