These terms and conditions apply to all people participating in the Skydive Day 2019, which is operated by The Army Parachute Association on behalf of The Forever Friends Appeal.
- The £50.00 registration fee is non-refundable.
- By registering online, participants agree to abide by all terms and conditions of the Skydive Day.
- Minimum age is 16. Participants under the age of 18 are required to complete a ‘Parental Consent Form’ (this is provided after registration).
- Maximum weight is 16 stone (102kgs).
- Participants must be confident that they are physically and mentally capable of taking part in a tandem skydive. If they are at all unsure about this, they should seek medical advice from their GP before the event.
- All participants must complete the forms (detailed below), sent with the fundraising pack and bring them on the day of the skydive:
- Army Parachute Association Tandem Skydive Waiver
- Student Tandem Parachutist Medical Information and Declaration – this is a self-certified declaration of fitness. If you have any of the pre-existing medical conditions listed you MUST provide a completed BPA Medical Certificate (provided upon request) signed and stamped by your doctor.
- Participants must immediately inform The Forever Friends Appeal if anything puts participation on the day in doubt. Participants who can no longer make the Skydive Day, can re-book to jump on another date (however the charity will not be present).
- We reserve the right to refuse participation to any individual who does not adhere to these T&C’s, with or without providing a reason.
- Completed registration and payment of £50 confirms that the participant is committed to raising a further £350 (minimum) in sponsorship.
- Any fundraising in connection with Skydive Day must be for The Forever Friends Appeal.
- Participants can choose to fundraise for any ward or department of their choosing at the Royal United Hospitals, a Special Appeal or a Major Campaign. This can be specified upon registration.
- Participants are aware that from the £50 registration fee and the £350 minimum sponsorship required, £200 of this covers the skydive cost. Leaving a £200 donation to the charity.
- Participant costs are payable by The Forever Friends Appeal to the Army Parachute Association one week ahead of the Skydive Day.
- Any sponsorship received over the £350 minimum, is treated solely a donation.
- 80% of the minimum sponsorship is due with The Forever Friends Appeal (either on a Just Giving page or cash/cheque sent in) 1 week prior to the Skydive Day. i.e. £280 is due on 30th June 2019. The remaining 20% must be received four weeks after the event on 4th August 2019. Failure to do so may mean non-participation in the challenge.
Skydive Day logistics:
- The date of the Skydive Day is Sunday 7th July 2019.
- Skydiving is a weather dependent activity and for your safety, you will only be allowed to jump when weather conditions are suitable.
- The Army Parachute Association and The Forever Friends Appeal reserve the right to make necessary changes or cancel this event due to adverse weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances, at any time.
- In the event of the Skydive Day being cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, The Forever Friends Appeal will endeavour to reschedule the Skydive Day to another date and will inform all participants as soon as possible.
- If the participant can’t make the date of the rescheduled Skydive Day, they can choose to take part at any other available date, however the charity will not be present.
- There is no extra charge for rescheduling.
- The Skydive Day should be treated as an all-day experience and participants will be asked to arrive for registration at 9am, before training commences.
- Your flight time will be given to you on the day. This could be any time between 10am and 4pm. Unfortunately it cannot be given in advance.
- No alcohol is to be consumed before the jump.
- We will be photographing and filming throughout the day and we may use footage or photographs of you, your family or your team in our publications, promotion and advertising.
- In no event shall The Forever Friends Appeal be liable for any injuries, loss or damages whatsoever, including indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential losses connected with any aspect of this event.
Use of personal data
- By providing personal data when you register for the Skydive Day, you confirm that you consent to such data being used by The Forever Friends Appeal for the purposes of organising and administering the event. You agree that The Forever Friends Appeal can use the details that you have provided to discuss your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress.
- If you provide personal data on behalf of additional entrants, you also confirm that you have obtained their consent for such data to be used for the same purposes.
- All participants full name and weight will be securely sent to The Army Parachute Association in advance, for the purposes of booking in you for the skydive. No other data will be shared with The Army Parachute Association, or any other organisation.
- Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you, where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work when registering for the Skydive Day.
- All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and The Forever Friends Appeal’s privacy statement, which can be found here: foreverfriendsappeal.co.uk/privacy-policy