All Participants T&C’s (additional for the Corporate challenge are below)
These rules apply to the Walk of Life 2019, and by registering, you agree to comply with them and confirm that you satisfy the age requirements set out below. If you have any questions, the event organiser will be happy to help. Please contact Laura Pearce on 01225 821535 / email@example.com.
*Please be aware that all mileage is approximate and has been measured on several occasions, in different ways by our Events Team. Distance will vary slightly, depending on the app/watch/other technology you are using to track your distance.*
- The Walk of Life is a fundraising event, organised by The Forever Friends Appeal – the charity for the Royal United Hospitals Bath.
- The Walk of Life is being organised for Saturday 11th May 2019.
- The Forever Friends Appeal reserves the right to make necessary changes or cancel this event at any time, in light of unforeseen circumstances. In the unlikely event that this occurs, all participants will be notified.
- Only registered participants are eligible to take part in the event and receive the benefits (refreshments, medals etc.) associated with the Walk of Life.
- The Walk of Life is not a race. It is set-up for the speed of walkers and is not equipped for running participants.
- Participants must understand that both the 26.2 mile and 10 mile walks are strenuous, physical events and if unsure of their suitability to enter, they are advised to seek medical advice before taking part. *Please be aware that all mileage is approximate.*
- Participants must train properly in the lead up to the event, ensuring they are of a good fitness level and able to walk at the average speed of 3.5 miles per hour.
- Any pre-existing medical conditions that may affect the participant (eg epilepsy, asthma), must be reported to the organisers prior to the day of the walk. This can be done at point of registration.
- The Forever Friends Appeal advise participants who are taking any form of medication prior to the walk to seek advice from a medical practitioner to be sure that their health will not be affected by this physical activity.
- Participants must notify walk organisers of any condition which makes them unfit to participate during the event, so that assistance can be requested from qualified persons.
- First Aid cover is provided through St John Ambulance for the duration of the event until 7.30pm. Following this time all participants agree and understand that the said First Aid cover will cease to be provided and will therefore either be required to end the event, or continue at their own risk (all participants have agreed to point 5, which means the allocated time cover is provided is sufficient).
- The Forever Friends Appeal has taken all reasonable precautions to ensure all participants safety on the walk.
- Any participant who is unable to take part in the event should notify The Forever Friends Appeal as soon as possible.
- Each participant is responsible for his/her own conduct and must not undertake any action that may cause danger or risk of any type to him / herself or any of the other walkers.
- Participants mustremain vigilant, have utmost respect for other canal path users and follow the directions of Appeal staff and event marshals at all times.
- Well-behaved dogs are permitted at the event however must be kept on a lead at all times.
- Participants agree that photos and films taken by designated event photographers/videographers during the event might be used to publicise the work of the charity.
- If you, the participants posts media (e.g. photos and videos) on The Forever Friends Appeal’s social media platforms, you automatically give The Forever Friends Appeal permission to use and reproduce that content to publicise the work of the charity at any point in the future.
- All participants enter the Walk of Life at their own risk. In no event shall The Forever Friends Appeal be liable for any injuries, loss or damages whatsoever, including indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential losses connected with any aspect of the Walk of Life.
- By signing the entry form or registering online, participants agree to abide by all terms and conditions of the Walk of Life.
Registration & Fundraising
- There is a £25.00 entry fee for all participants (£20.00 for the early bird places, which close on 3rd December 2018).
- The entry fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All participants must complete online entry, or complete and sign a paper entry form to register. Only registered participants are eligible to take part in the event and receive the benefits (refreshments, medals etc.) associated on the day.
- Places are limited and may sell out in advance, otherwise entry will close on Wednesday 8th May 2019 at 12midday.
- Upon completion of registration, a fundraising pack and sponsorship forms will be sent as soon as possible, unless otherwise advised.
- The suggested minimum sponsorship is £100. Participants must endeavour to raise this to the best of their ability.
- Sponsorship must be raised for The Forever Friends Appeal’s charitable purposes i.e. any ward or department at the Royal United Hospitals, or a major campaign – RUH Cancer Care, RNHRD & Therapies etc.
- Participants must raise funds for The Forever Friends Appeal – entry is not permitted to support another charity.
- Any money raised from the event must be paid to The Forever Friends Appeal as soon as possible and will be used for charitable purposes. Money pledged via online fundraising pages is collected and paid to the charity automatically. If you do not pass on all of the money that you raise, you may be committing a criminal offence. A failure to submit any money raised from any previous participation in events benefitting The Forever Friends Appeal, or a failure to notify us if you are unable to attend a previous event, may result in your entry being refused or cancelled.
- The Forever Friends Appeal reserves the right to refuse any walkers participation in the event at any time, if they breach the Terms & Conditions set out.
- The full 26.2 mile walk is restricted to participants aged 13 and over. In exceptional circumstances, and where permission and relevant evidence is provided by a parent/guardian, The Forever Friends Appeal may grant entry to those under this age. Please contact the event organiser Laura Pearce (firstname.lastname@example.org / 01225 821535) to discuss prior to registering.
- The 10 mile walk is restricted to participants aged 10 and over. In exceptional circumstances, and where permission and relevant evidence is provided by a parent/guardian, The Forever Friends Appeal may grant entry to those under this age. Please contact the event organiser Laura Pearce (email@example.com / 01225 821535) to discuss prior to registering.
- For schools or groups, there must be a minimum of 1 adult to 5 children. Their parent/guardian must sign the parental consent form before they will be allowed on the walk
- Any participant under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult (age 18+) at all times.
- The participant under the age of 18 and the guardian must both enter as separate registrations, for the same distance. By completing registration, the parent/guardian of the child agrees to the Walk of Life Parent/Guardian Terms & Conditions details below.
Parent / Guardian Terms & Conditions
I agree for my son/daughter to take part in the 2019 Walk of Life.
I undertake not to hold The Forever Friends Appeal responsible for compensation in respect of loss or damage to personal property, which my son/daughter sustains during the activities.
I understand the importance of advising The Forever Friends Appeal of any medical conditions or special needs which may require particular attention, in order to enable my son/daughter’s full and safe participation in the event.
I understand not to permit my son/daughter to attend the walk if they are not in good health on the day of the walk and I will inform the walk organisers of their inability to attend.
If at any point of the walk, he/she requires urgent medical treatment and provided that I cannot be contacted personally, I give my permission to the medical authorities to administer such emergency treatment, including anaesthetic, as they consider necessary in the circumstances.
Use of personal data
- By providing personal data when you register for the Walk of Life, you confirm that you consent to such data being used by us for the purposes of organising and administering the Walk of Life, and you agree that The Forever Friends Appeal can use the details that you have provided to discuss your fundraising activity and follow up on your progress. If you provide personal data on behalf of additional entrants, you also confirm that you have obtained their consent for such data to be used for the same purposes.
- Your personal information may also be used for the purposes of sending communications to you, where you have confirmed that you would like to receive further information about the charity’s work when registering for the Walk of Life.
- All personal data held by us will be handled in accordance with applicable privacy laws and The Forever Friends Appeal’s privacy statement, which can be found here: foreverfriendsappeal.co.uk/privacy-policy
Corporate challenge T&C’s
- There is a £25.00 non-refundable entry fee per person.
- Each Corporate Challenge entrant must undertake to raise a minimum sponsorship of £100 for The Forever Friends Appeal
- There must be a minimum of 3 entrants per team.
- Each team must have a designated team captain and team name (Team Captain doesn’t have to participate).
- Team Captains will be required to act as company representative and point of contact for the Walk of Life organiser.
- Entry to the Corporate Challenge is open to employees, proprietors, families and guests of any UK registered business.
- The Walk of Life Corporate Challenge takes place at the same time as the Walk of Life for the general public (depending on the need to organise a staggered start to avoid congestion on the towpath).
- Corporate Challenge team members can participate in any section of the walk (26.2 miles – full day or 10 miles – afternoon).
- All Corporate Challenge teams will be eligible to score in the Corporate Challenge awards – more information available on the Forever Friends Appeal website.
- Corporate Challenge entrants are not eligible to score in the General Walk of Life awards.
- The organisers reserve the right to make necessary changes to the Corporate Challenge if required.
- Corporate Challenge terms and conditions are supplementary to the Walk of Life general terms and conditions of entry. All Corporate Challenge entrants must also agree to abide by the general Walk of Life terms and conditions.